Get and Fund a Web3 Wallet
- 1.Go to the Coinbase website and create an account if you don't already have one. Verify your email and identity.
- 2.Once you have created and verified your Coinbase account, navigate to the 'Accounts' tab and select the cryptocurrency you want to transfer to your Metamask wallet.
- 3.Click on the 'Send' button and enter the amount of cryptocurrency you want to transfer. Paste the address of your Metamask wallet in the recipient address field.
- 4.Open a new tab and go to the Metamask website. Install the Metamask extension in your browser.
- 5.Click on the Metamask icon in your browser, then select 'Create a Wallet'. Choose a strong password and write down the seed phrase that is generated. Keep this seed phrase somewhere safe as it will be required to recover your wallet if you forget your password.
- 6.Once you have created your wallet, you will be able to see your wallet address. This is the address you should use to receive cryptocurrency from Coinbase.
- 7.Switch back to Coinbase and complete the transaction by clicking 'Send'. The cryptocurrency will be transferred to your Metamask wallet.
- 8.To verify that the transaction was successful, switch back to Metamask and check your wallet balance.
Congratulations! You have successfully created and funded your Metamask wallet using Coinbase.